Welcome to Peking University Health Science Center. When you first arrive in the school, everything may seem strange to you. Here we provide you with theLife Guide & Security Tips. Hopefully it can make your adaption into the life on campus more easily.
1. Accommodation After your arrival, the Management Center of Foreign Students Building will arrange your accommodation. You need to hand in two photographs of yourself, check in, sign Accommodation Agreement, and get the room card. Each room is furnished with desk, chair, wardrobe, and bed. For every freshman, we will also provide you with free bedding, including cotton quilt, bedclothes, pillow, quilt cover, bedspread, and pillowcase. Important Notion:Other people are not allowed to stay in the students’ dorm, including the parents. Parents can book a room in Master Inn Hotel which is on the campus or in other hotels near the school.
2. Office The Management Center of Foreign Students Building is in room 125 on the ground floor of the Foreign Students Building; The Foreign Students Offices is in Room 123, the same building. From 2018, the Foreign Students Office will move to The International Cooperation Center of PUHSC.
3. The tuition, housing & insurance feesshould be paid in a certain period time after admission (There will be another notice later). Any delay on the payment will cost 5% extra. An ICBC card is strongly recommended for payment (Online payment is also supported if you open up the function in the bank). The charged fees are not refundable when you quit the school or transfer to another school.
4. The facilities in the Foreign Students Building
(1) Washing machine: there is washing machine with card- reader on every other floor. You can buy washing card from the Service Desk.
(2) Boiler Room: every floor has a boiler room, which supplies hot water 24 hours a day.
(3) Telephone, web service: each room has an IC card telephone, through which you can make international calls, national calls and local calls (You should buy an IC card); to get international and national web service in your dorm, you have to go through some procedures at the Information Center of the school.
5. Food Four dining halls on campus are available to you. Yuejin Building has three floors for dining, each floor with different flavor and price. Muslim canteen is for Muslim students and those who respect Muslim food tradition. Bixiang Ge is in the 1stfloor of NO.7 Building, which will open soon. De Yuan is to the north of Wumart. Students cards could be charged in the first floor of Yuejin Building and used in PKUHSC or PKU main campus.
6. Post office The 4rdbuilding on campus has a post office, which provides service for posting mails, packages as well as EMS. You can also find lots of express mailing companies in front of the International Students Building, there you can find cheaper & faster mailing services.
7. Hospital If you get sick, you can go to the school infirmary (the 6thbuilding) or the Third Hospital of Peking University, which is close to the school and supplies out-patient service for foreign students.
8. Mailing address of the school: Room No××× Foreign Student Building, Peking University Health Science Center 38 Xueyuan Rd, Haidian District Beijing 100191, China
9. Transportation There are bus stops near each gate of the school. You can check on the Internet for more bus information. West Gate(The main gate): 498, 562, 331 to the main campus; South Gate: 484 to the Bird Nest. Subway No. 10: about 800 meters south to the West Gate of the school.
10. Important Security Tips
（1）Watch out for Fraud through Tel/Online/Other ways: If any person or organization ask you to send money or transfer money through any way, please contact the Foreign Students Office first. We’ll help you make sure whether it’s a fraud or not.
（2）Erotic Materials/Gambling/Drugs are banned in Beijing, especially on campus. If you are found to have such a situation, you are facing a legal punishment and dismissal from school.